You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the iPod Nano supported on Catalina

I can't seem to sync Music, the device shows up in Finder, I can select music to sync, and when I hit sync an icon appears on the iPod, but no music is copied over. The songs I am trying to sync is downloaded on my laptop

iPod Nano (7th Gen)

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 1:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 2:47 AM

I got to the bottom of this - it will only sync music that is purchased. Any from Apple Music that is 'rented', not owned, does not sync - I think matched songs, i.e. ones I have uploaded to Apple Music do sync.

5 replies

Jul 4, 2020 11:25 AM in response to ed2345

Hi,

I have tried using Finder and everything appears to work, i.e. I can select music and click Sync and I get the syncing icon (turning arrows) on the iPod, however there is never any music there. I have checked and its definitely a 7th generation iPod Nano.

So I think what you say is correct, but for some reason it's just not working. I have tried it with two different Nano's on two different laptops, so I don't think it's down to one device.

Thanks.

Is the iPod Nano supported on Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.