You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Rings On Silent

Why is this happening? I have it turned on silent but it’ll still ring when a call comes through.

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 9:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 9:43 PM

This appears to be a failed Silent Switch mechanism. When you said that you have turned ON Silent then I am assuming that you meant the SILENT Switch located at the top left SIDE of the iPhone. If you meant something else then please let me know.

Your iPhone 11 is less than one year old and is therefore covered by the Apple 1YR Limited Warranty (US) so have it examined at the Apple Store or at an authorized service center and take advantage of it. If the stores are closed then please contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 4, 2020 9:43 PM in response to InsaneMistress

This appears to be a failed Silent Switch mechanism. When you said that you have turned ON Silent then I am assuming that you meant the SILENT Switch located at the top left SIDE of the iPhone. If you meant something else then please let me know.

Your iPhone 11 is less than one year old and is therefore covered by the Apple 1YR Limited Warranty (US) so have it examined at the Apple Store or at an authorized service center and take advantage of it. If the stores are closed then please contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

iPhone 11 Rings On Silent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.