You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to be able to back up WhatsApp chats from my old iPhone to iCloud so that I have all the data in my new iPhone. How do I delete photos from iCloud without deleting from devices to make space for WhatsApp backup to iCloud?

I want to back up WhatsApp chats from my old iPhone to iCloud so that I can access the data on my new iPhone. However, my iCloud storage is full.

1. How do I delete photos from iCloud without deleting them on my devices so that I have space to back up WhatsApp chats?

2. How do I back up my WhatsApp data to iCloud?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 12:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 2:47 PM

Answer to #1 - You cannot delete photos from iCloud and keep them on the device as that's not how iCloud works or was designed.

Answer #2 - https://faq.whatsapp.com/iphone/chats/how-to-back-up-to-icloud

1 reply

I want to be able to back up WhatsApp chats from my old iPhone to iCloud so that I have all the data in my new iPhone. How do I delete photos from iCloud without deleting from devices to make space for WhatsApp backup to iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.