You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I transfer individual app data from old iPad to new?

Hi,

My wife and I gave my daughter our old iPad which she uses to play games. That iPad is having problems and I would like to be able to transfer the apps + the saved data to my newer iPad. I don’t want to do a complete backup and restore as I just want to add a couple of apps to my iPad. I know that I can just download the apps but can I transfer saved data ie game progress?

Thanks for your help,

Ally

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 10:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 10:12 AM

The only way to do that is if the game has some sort of separate backup account that you can restore the data from.

either that or you set up the new one from the backup of the old one and then delete anything you don’t want her to have one it.

Backups and restoring from backups is an all or nothing kinda thing, it’s not selective

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 5, 2020 10:12 AM in response to ally_young64

The only way to do that is if the game has some sort of separate backup account that you can restore the data from.

either that or you set up the new one from the backup of the old one and then delete anything you don’t want her to have one it.

Backups and restoring from backups is an all or nothing kinda thing, it’s not selective

Can I transfer individual app data from old iPad to new?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.