You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does my itunes llibrary disappear when i click on song

why does my itunes library disappear when i click on song

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 11:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 8:36 AM

Hi macrewdas68,

Since this issue happens in a new user, that suggests that the issue is with iTunes itself.

Even though you've already reinstalled iTunes, we recommend you reinstall again, following the exact steps for Windows 10 found in this article:

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later - Apple Support

Test after you go through the article, and see if iTunes is working as it should.

All the best.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 29, 2020 8:36 AM in response to macrewdas68

Hi macrewdas68,

Since this issue happens in a new user, that suggests that the issue is with iTunes itself.

Even though you've already reinstalled iTunes, we recommend you reinstall again, following the exact steps for Windows 10 found in this article:

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later - Apple Support

Test after you go through the article, and see if iTunes is working as it should.

All the best.

Jul 9, 2020 7:47 AM in response to macrewdas68

Hi macrewdas68,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Apple Support Communities.

It looks like you're having an issue with your iTunes library in Windows 10 and we're glad to help figure out what's going on.

If your library is still available, back it up and restore it before doing more troubleshooting:

Back up and restore your iTunes library on your PC - Apple Support

Some more information will also be helpful:

• When did this issue begin happening?
  • Is anything different from when it was working until now, such as a software update?
  • Does this happen with all songs, or a particular song?
  • How do you get your iTunes library back after it disappears?

Take Care.

Jul 17, 2020 5:00 PM in response to macrewdas68

Hi macrewdas68,

Those are great details.

Since this began happening right after upgrading to Windows 10, check out the steps in this article to help isolate the issue a bit more:

If you have problems playing music in iTunes on PC - Apple Support

If those steps don't help, try creating a new user on your PC, and see if iTunes plays correctly there. That will let you know that something isn't working correctly in your regular user account.

All the best.

Jul 17, 2020 2:24 PM in response to Joseph_S.

Hi Joseph S.

The problem began after upgrading to Windows 10. Everything is working except the the iTunes visuals. The white and gray bands appear, but the text of the song information and sidebar menu is simply not there. Using the mouse wheel to scroll up and down makes the text visible, but any attempt at using the mouse to hover over the text causes it to disappear. The songs still play when clicked on, but without text, organizing and maneuvering the library is frustratingly difficult. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program. I would appreciate any help in fixing this matter.

Thanks

why does my itunes llibrary disappear when i click on song

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.