You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Drive on my iPhone and iPad turns off automatically

Hello,

I hope you all are safe and healthy.

I switched back to using apple devices after 5 years, and my first iphone being iPhone 4s. Recently I purchased an iPad Air and an Iphone XS Max and upon thoroughly checking that my backup to the iCloud Drive isn't working, I realised that my iCloud Drive on both my iPad and iPhone kept turning off automatically. When Turned on, it takes me to the next page where it says either "Cancel" or "Upgrade" of which nothing works when you click them, its just frozen.

The first thing after releasing this issue, I headed to the Apple Community search and did a few tips that was mentioned with the similar query, but nothing helped me fixed the issues.

To elaborate further, I did:

1) Logged out of Apple ID and Logged in (no result, still the iCloud Drive turns off)

2) Reset Network Settings (no result, still the iCloud Drive turns off)

3) Reset All Setting (no result, still the iCloud Drive turns off)

I am attaching a screenshot of what happens when I turn on my iCloud Drive. I have upgraded my iCloud Drive plan to 50gb, but still no luck.

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 2:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 3:52 AM

Hello all,

I managed to talk to Apple Executive over the phone and the best thing is the issue has been resolved. Let me explain what we did to achieve success incase if someone has got the same issue as I did.

Step 1. Go to https://www.icloud.com/ and log in with your Apple ID.

Step 2. Once Logged in, open Pages or Numbers.

Step 3. You will be asked to Upgrade your iCloud. Just click ok, and proceed.

Assuming this could be because I do not have any document on iCloud for it to be shared across all IOS devices and thats the reason it was never upgraded.

That's it. Go back to your iPhone Setting and then iCloud Drive. You will now see all the apps that needs to be backed up on the Drive slowly showing just below the iCloud Drive toggle.

Thank You for taking time and replying.

Stay Safe.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 13, 2020 3:52 AM in response to PratikKotekar

Hello all,

I managed to talk to Apple Executive over the phone and the best thing is the issue has been resolved. Let me explain what we did to achieve success incase if someone has got the same issue as I did.

Step 1. Go to https://www.icloud.com/ and log in with your Apple ID.

Step 2. Once Logged in, open Pages or Numbers.

Step 3. You will be asked to Upgrade your iCloud. Just click ok, and proceed.

Assuming this could be because I do not have any document on iCloud for it to be shared across all IOS devices and thats the reason it was never upgraded.

That's it. Go back to your iPhone Setting and then iCloud Drive. You will now see all the apps that needs to be backed up on the Drive slowly showing just below the iCloud Drive toggle.

Thank You for taking time and replying.

Stay Safe.

iCloud Drive on my iPhone and iPad turns off automatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.