You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I connect devices to my new Macbook air using those new ports?

I have a new Macbook Air. The ports are different and I can't use the connecting cables I have! How do I connect to it using the "old" connector thingies?

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 7:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 8:04 AM

It seems with every new Mac comes a requirement to purchase another drawerful of adapters and cables.

You will need a USB-C adapter to whatever peripheral devices you need to use with it. Start here: Use Adapters with your iMac - Apple Support. Even thought its title addresses iMacs your MBA uses the same connectors.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 6, 2020 8:04 AM in response to redoakwhiteoak2

It seems with every new Mac comes a requirement to purchase another drawerful of adapters and cables.

You will need a USB-C adapter to whatever peripheral devices you need to use with it. Start here: Use Adapters with your iMac - Apple Support. Even thought its title addresses iMacs your MBA uses the same connectors.

How can I connect devices to my new Macbook air using those new ports?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.