You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calls “answered on another device”

Recently, I’m not being notified by some calls. It seems to be hit and miss when this happens.

The screen flashes on and then off again, but no sound and no “missed call” notification. When I look in the call log it just says “Call answered on another device”. I’ve already checked the “Calls from other devices” setting and this is OFF.

these are NORMAL calls - not FaceTime

Further details...

Physical SIM: Vodafone UK

eSIM (2nd line): O2 UK

iPhone XS (MT9E2B/A)

I also use a MacBook, but no notification on there.

iOS 13.5.1

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 1:17 PM

9 replies

Jul 10, 2020 1:53 AM in response to Slocombek

Hi Slocombek

Turning WiFi calling off does seem to have sorted it - but it was an intermittent issue, so time will tell. Do you have an Apple Watch too?

Also, out of interest, have you set your phone number up with an Alexa device? Somethings niggling at me thinking this could be the cause.

I really struggled to find any help on this either - hence me having to open this discussion. Strange one!

Leigh

Jul 10, 2020 2:18 AM in response to LeighJones123

Yeah my WiFi calling has always been off.

I do have an Apple Watch but it’s not had any battery for a couple months now. Yeah I also have an Alexa. The local Apple store near me can’t see me for a week so we shall see if they can sort the problem.. very strange. I did also however go to Vodafone and they put in some different codes to check and reset any network issue that could potentially causing the problem. Worked for a while.

we’ll see what Apple say next week.

Calls “answered on another device”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.