You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will my old iPhone retain all content after I migrate to a new iPhone?

Will my old iPhone 6 retain all it's content after I migrate to a new iPhone SE 2020? Can I use it as a back-up to my new phone?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 3:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 3:54 PM

Yes, you can use the old phone for a backup phone. As long as you don’t erase the phone, all of your content will still be there. You should backup your old phone so that you can restore the backup to your new phone.

Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 6, 2020 3:54 PM in response to FebruaryPurple

Yes, you can use the old phone for a backup phone. As long as you don’t erase the phone, all of your content will still be there. You should backup your old phone so that you can restore the backup to your new phone.

Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Will my old iPhone retain all content after I migrate to a new iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.