You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can no longer display a file in Safari

Using Safari Version 13.1 (13609.1.20.111.8) on an iMac running 10.13.6.

Let me first say that I am barely literate when it comes to internet stuff and I'm sure I get some of the nomenclature wrong, so please bear with me.

In the past, I would upload files to my domain's storage area using Fetch, a file transfer app. When I wanted to display a file in Safari, I would type into the Location field the domain-name/Folder/file.suffix. Easypeasy. But since the most recent Safari update, the files simply download; they don't display in Safari. I'm sure I'm missing something simple. I don't see anything in Safari prefs that address this. A little helpful advice on how to again display files in Safari would be appreciated. Thanks.

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 1:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 12:54 AM

Just solved it. A big "duhhhh." I just have to convert the files to pdf's and then they will display in Safari.

1 reply

Can no longer display a file in Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.