You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Apple TV choose a HomePod as it's fixed/default sound output and have it "stick"?

Can Apple TV choose a HomePod as it's fixed/default sound output and have it "stick"? It is very frustrating as I keep having to open setting EVERY time I turn it back on....I bough a 4k monitor to run my Apple TV 4K off but it refuses to co-operate with the HomePod....let alone that without any built in speakers on the monitor the "sync" function will not work so I have to restart the AppleTV once or twice to get the screen synced with the sound....grrrrrr SOOOOOO not Apple-Like

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 1:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 6:01 PM

No you can’t

You don’t need to open the settings app on your 4K ATV to get to the audio output,

• Swipe down on the trackpad on the Siri remote and go into Audio
  • Or long press on the tv icon on the remote (top right) to bring up control Center , select the airplay icon and choose your audio

Youtube and sone others apps use the latter method.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 7, 2020 6:01 PM in response to msverruto

No you can’t

You don’t need to open the settings app on your 4K ATV to get to the audio output,

• Swipe down on the trackpad on the Siri remote and go into Audio
  • Or long press on the tv icon on the remote (top right) to bring up control Center , select the airplay icon and choose your audio

Youtube and sone others apps use the latter method.

Can Apple TV choose a HomePod as it's fixed/default sound output and have it "stick"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.