You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac pro does not take the password after updating to catalina, I was able to change password several times but still unable to login

mac pro does not take the password after updating to catalina, I was able to change password several times but still unable to login

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 1:14 AM

7 replies

Jul 10, 2020 12:49 AM in response to jeorge_patrick2007

is this true for you?

"In some macOS versions, you can use your Apple ID to reset your login password. At the login screen, keep entering a password until you see a message saying that you can reset your password using Apple ID. If you don't see the message after three attempts, your account isn't set up to allow resetting with Apple ID."

from article https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202860

and is your problem really solved?

Jul 9, 2020 11:50 PM in response to LD150

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

In the login page, there as a prompt that says "if you cannot login or forgotten the password, you may change it using your appleid". the it says something about the file vault key..

After creating a new password, the prompt states " you may now restart PC and login with the new password" but it still does not work.

Thank you

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.