You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV skipping sound

Hi

for many months now my Apple TV which is connected via Wi-Fi a few feet away is skipping sound on playing anything. If I mute the speakers, my TV connected via audio cable sound plays perfectly. There is no skipping on the video. it is the latest Apple TV, I believe Apple TV four. Thank you for any help. I’ve come to my wits end after being lazy for a year regarding this.

Apple TV HD, tvOS 13

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 8:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 8:18 AM

Do you mean your wifi router is a few feet away from the Apple TV, are there any walls in between. Also, have you done basics such as (in this order):

• Restart Modem
  • Restart Router
  • Unplug Apple TV from power
  • Plug Apple TV back in and re-test

• Have you switched HDMI cables to have very high quality HDMI cable (yes that matters!!!) ?
  • Have you tested your Wi-Fi strengh using a tool such as iStumbler (Mac OS) or if you are a Windows user a similar tool?
3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 8, 2020 8:18 AM in response to Tv1MC

Do you mean your wifi router is a few feet away from the Apple TV, are there any walls in between. Also, have you done basics such as (in this order):

• Restart Modem
  • Restart Router
  • Unplug Apple TV from power
  • Plug Apple TV back in and re-test

• Have you switched HDMI cables to have very high quality HDMI cable (yes that matters!!!) ?
  • Have you tested your Wi-Fi strengh using a tool such as iStumbler (Mac OS) or if you are a Windows user a similar tool?

Apple TV skipping sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.