You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot iPhone Backup Encrypt Password

Earlier I backup my iPhone to my Mac and it ask for password if i want to safe the password on my keychain.

Now i want to restore my backup and when i hit restore backup it automatically fill the password but incorrect. And i couldn't find it on keychain under iOS Backup search.

How do i find my password?

Thanks

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 10:20 AM

8 replies

Jul 8, 2020 11:48 AM in response to martni

Manage passwords using keychains on Mac - Apple Support provides some advice regarding the use of Keychain Access.

After opening Keychain Access, you will see window similar to this one:

After searching for iOS Backup, double click on the iOS Backup selection.

Next you will see this window:

Click on "Show password," and you will see a dialog , where you will be allowed to enter the Administrator password:

Click "Allow," and you should then be able to view the password for iOS Backup.

Jul 8, 2020 11:21 AM in response to Ferd II

what's "administrator" password? is it where you need to insert your password to show the password?

tried it still incorrect

so i found this iOS Backup on keychain and when i double click it there's section called Account and the account look's exact like backup folder's name. when i show the password and insert it to restore backup it said incorrect password

Forgot iPhone Backup Encrypt Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.