You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i determine the currency of purchases

How do I determine the currency of in app purchases and how do I select a card to use for that purchase

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 12:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 1:10 PM

As Apple's Terms of Sale only permit you to have an iTunes/App Store account in a country where you have a legal address and they also require that credit/debit cards have a billing address in that country, all iTunes/App Store purchases are in your local currency.

7 replies

Jul 8, 2020 1:33 PM in response to July08-2020

Apple's iTunes and App Stores are region based. Any prices shown are in the local currency for the country set for the Apple ID region.

If your region is set to Canada, and you are using a Canadian credit card (which you must be using, as it won't let you use cards with billing addresses in countries other than the one the Apple ID is set to), then prices are set to Canadian dollars.

See here to verify your Apple ID's region: Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

how do i determine the currency of purchases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.