You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a mac desktop, and my apple keyboard is on but will not allow me to type in my password to open my desktop. The keypad is wireless and the on button is at the top right edge.

I have a mac desktop, and my apple keyboard is on but will not allow me to type in my password to open my desktop. The keypad is wireless and the on button is at the top right edge.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 1:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 1:37 PM

Shutdown your Mac. Power off the keyboard. If it is a battery powered keyboard, ensure that you have fresh batteries. Power on your keyboard. Power on your Mac. The Mac should discover the Bluetooth keyboard. If it doesn't, it is a strong argument for you to have a wired keyboard and mouse available to avoid this issue in the future.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 8, 2020 1:37 PM in response to Spinyoga

Shutdown your Mac. Power off the keyboard. If it is a battery powered keyboard, ensure that you have fresh batteries. Power on your keyboard. Power on your Mac. The Mac should discover the Bluetooth keyboard. If it doesn't, it is a strong argument for you to have a wired keyboard and mouse available to avoid this issue in the future.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.