You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS Mojave - Deleting Files and now I have LESS space!

Working on a Mac Mini 8,1 with Mojave 10.14.6. I'm having an issue where recently I was running out of disk space so I trashed a bunch of things, including 100 GB of photos from iCloud. Instead of space freeing up on the system I now seem to have LESS space. And all the space that I thought I was getting moved into SYSTEM when I look at my storage diagnostic. What is going on? Why can't I free up space on my Mac Mini? MY TRASH CAN IS EMPTY.

Also worth noting -- when I run boot backups there are hundreds of GB of free space on the backup drive. It's just my main disk that is telling me I have no space left!!

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 2:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 6:33 AM

SOLVED: Carbon Copy Cloner SNAPSHOTS was causing the problem. As soon as I deleted the snapshots and disabled this feature for my boot drive all the space came back!!

Similar questions

1 reply

Mac OS Mojave - Deleting Files and now I have LESS space!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.