You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 11 pro max volume goes up and down or in and out especially when I am on speaker

What is the solution. What am I doing wrong?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 3:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 7:36 PM

I do have a cover on my phone. I removed it and tried your other suggestions. It worked. I have not had the audio issue since.

Thank you so much for the help.

Is there a special type of cover I can use that will not affect the audio?

3 replies

Jul 14, 2020 11:05 AM in response to essie240

Hi essie240, 

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. 

We see that the volume fluctuates on your iPhone 11 Pro Max. This happens mostly when using the speaker. We want to help. 

Do you have a case on your iPhone? If so, does the issue happen when you remove the case?

Also, please follow the steps in this article that talks about If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker - Apple Support.

If you need further assistance with this after following those steps, you can Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

We hope that helps.

Have a great day!

Iphone 11 pro max volume goes up and down or in and out especially when I am on speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.