You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why the Apptle TV APP not available on my sony android TV?

Why the Apptle TV APP not available on my sony android TV [Sony Bravia 108 cm (43 Inches) KD-43X8500F Ultra HD 4K HDR LED Android TV (Black)] ?

I've the Apple tv app subscription but still I'm not watching much as I can't the find the app in T.V. play store. .

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 4:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 7:09 AM

Apple announced this back in January.

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2020/01/apple-rings-in-new-era-of-services-following-landmark-year/#mn_e

From that article...

“The Apple TV app brings together the different ways to discover and watch shows, movies and more in one app, and is available on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac, iPod touch, select Samsung smart TVs, and Amazon Fire TV and Roku devices, and will be available on LG, Sony and VIZIO smart TVs later this year. The Apple TV app now offers over 30 Apple TV channels — direct subscriptions to premium video services so customers can watch both online and offline, ad-free and on demand, all in one app.”

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 11, 2020 7:09 AM in response to Bob Reynolds

Apple announced this back in January.

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2020/01/apple-rings-in-new-era-of-services-following-landmark-year/#mn_e

From that article...

“The Apple TV app brings together the different ways to discover and watch shows, movies and more in one app, and is available on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac, iPod touch, select Samsung smart TVs, and Amazon Fire TV and Roku devices, and will be available on LG, Sony and VIZIO smart TVs later this year. The Apple TV app now offers over 30 Apple TV channels — direct subscriptions to premium video services so customers can watch both online and offline, ad-free and on demand, all in one app.”

Jul 11, 2020 5:07 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Interesting. Where are you seeing these statements? I can't find anything other than a list of currently supported TVs and mine are not on the list. I have a Sony 77" A9G and 55" 950G which both support Airplay so I am able to cast to the TVs from my iPad but I'd prefer to use a native app. Will the app will appear in the Google Store or in update to the TV from Sony? Information is hard to get and Sony is completely useless as a source of information on just about anything. That said, their TVs are awesome.

Why the Apptle TV APP not available on my sony android TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.