You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio files clipping in Logic?

Hi there - quite new to Logic, just wanted to ask a quick question about clipping. I worked on a track in Logic, which was well below the clipping point, and then bounced it as a WAV file. I opened this file in another Logic project, but it is clipping, quite a lot. I've turned the volume down, and the track isn't connected to any buses or anything. Does anyone know why this might be? Thank you

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 5:23 AM

4 replies

Jul 10, 2020 11:41 AM in response to Iaamusic

Thank you so much! That really helped!

While you're here, could I also ask a quick question about clipping when mastering the track? This might be quite obvious, but I've only just started doing this really. My track is consistently around -2.0 dB throughout, (just hitting the orange zone) and I bounced the file as a WAV (without normalising this time) to master in T-Racks. However, on mastering, I've realised that the file clips when I try to boost the volume, regardless of the setting. However, I really do need to increase the volume, as the overall track is too quiet in comparison to other songs. Is -2.0dB too high before mastering? Would really appreciate your advice.

Audio files clipping in Logic?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.