You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV

My apple TV is unresponsive and I cannot go to settings to do a factory reset. And the remote option for that is also not working. Batteries are new in remote.

It does show icons on the tv but I cannot navigate to them with the remote.

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 7:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 7:47 AM

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

What is your model remote? Identify your Apple TV remote - Apple Support

Learn to pair/link your remote again if it has been unpaired/unlinked. If your Apple TV remote isn’t working - Apple Support

7 replies

Jul 12, 2020 10:11 AM in response to TeddyandMack

I did try the pairing thing and even that was unreponsive.

Note that you should do all three steps (not just step 2):

Apple Remote (aluminum)
1. Unlink your Apple Remote to your Apple TV. On your Apple Remote, hold down Menu and Left for six seconds. Then on your Apple TV, look for  above an icon of a remote.
2. Link your Apple Remote to your Apple TV. On your Apple Remote, hold down Menu and Right for six seconds. Then on your Apple TV, look for  above an icon of a remote.
3. Unplug your Apple TV from the wall power outlet. Wait at least six seconds, then plug it back in.
If you still need help, contact Apple Support.

Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.