You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID balance

When I try to purchase the app isn’t accepting my redeemed gift card balance for payment. Why?

iPad mini, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 8:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 8:39 PM

Error message(s)?

contact iTunes Support. See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.   

iTunes Support – world wide 

Apple Support schedule phone call       

If necessary, try Twitter

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.          People have posted it may take an hour or more to get a response.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 12, 2020 8:39 PM in response to kathyren

Error message(s)?

contact iTunes Support. See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.   

iTunes Support – world wide 

Apple Support schedule phone call       

If necessary, try Twitter

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.          People have posted it may take an hour or more to get a response.

Jul 12, 2020 8:45 PM in response to kathyren

kathyren Said:

"Apple ID balance: When I try to purchase the app isn’t accepting my redeemed gift card balance for payment. Why?"

-------

Some Thoughts:

A. App Locations Uses:

Not all items are available in all locations. So, it may not be available in the location you are it. It all has to do with licensing between Apple and the Developer.

B. Not an iTunes Gift Card?:

Not all cards are for the App Store. Some are only for iTunes. So, does this card dead App Store on it? Or just iTunes?

C. A Non-Active Card?:

Was this card added to your account at all? If not, take it back to the retailer/seller, requesting a new sale. Add the card to your account, right then-and-there at the cash register, prior to leaving the store. That way you can rest assured that it went through.

D. Card Purchase Location Restrictions:

A card is only useable ing the Country/Region it was purchased in. So, in a different location than assigned to your account, then it is unusable.

E. Avoid Being Scammed:

Go Here: About Gift Card Scams - Apple Support. So, if purchased off of a Web site (i.e. eBay), contact the site, asking if the seller can be help accountable and if you can get your money back.

Apple ID balance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.