You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't want to see video when I post a link to my pages document. Where is the choice to remove the video or pic but leave the link?

I don't want to see video when I post a link to my pages document. Where is the choice to remove the video or pic but leave the link?

Thank you,

Sharon Danley

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 10:36 PM

4 replies

Jul 13, 2020 12:19 PM in response to Sharon Danley

Thanks for asking that question. After finally finding a way through the "help" system to address a Pages issue, I found your singular question regarding this. Are we the only people who had this problem? :). I know, we are the only ones who tried to find out how to deal with it, and got to the right place to ask. Thanks to Barry for his kind assistance.

As I noted in my response to him, the working word is: clearly. I wish they would get the hint sometimes. Okay, all times.

Jul 13, 2020 12:13 PM in response to Barry

Yes, I tend to forget to check Preferences. Constant reminders from others will help me get used to it.

Thank you so much!

This occurred after I recently accepted a Pages update. In case this is being observed by Apple, a correction needs to be made in your process regarding the fact that you added the Video-to-Pages option in that update. It should never be automatic, and needs to have the option clearly stated at the time, not hidden in Preferences. The working word here is: clearly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.