You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t see my boyfriends location but he can see mine and we both shared our locations and our settings are the exact same. Apple is no help so has anyone else been in this situation and can you help me PLEASE

I can’t see my boyfriends location but he can see mine and we both shared our locations and our settings are the exact same. Apple is no help so has anyone else been in this situation and can you help me PLEASE

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 7:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 7:24 PM

Maybe also check

Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Find My and make sure that is set to While Using the App

Then in the Find My app, if he selects 'Me' at the bottom.. does it show the Share My Location switch is toggled on?

2 replies

Jul 13, 2020 7:20 PM in response to Blueeyedbabe729

I don't really use that a whole lot, so I don't have much personal experience to add.. but here is an Apple support article

If Find My Friends isn't working - Apple Support

This is how I've shared my location before and I've never had a problem..

I'm assuming he has a text chain on his phone for you.. if he goes to your name up top and taps, then select 'info', then Share My Location, then I believe it gives you options for an hour, the rest of the day, always. So if he selects 'always', do you get a text that says he's sharing his location? If so, click on whatever is in the text. I believe at this point he should show up in the 'Find My' app. If not, maybe force quit the app, re-open it like the link above mentions

Hopefully you get it figured out. Or maybe he is turning it off on ya ;)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.