You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t I change my Screen Time Passcode

My Screen Time Passcode doesn’t work, so I tried to change it using the “forgot passcode” option. When I entered my Apple ID and password, it didn’t do anything and marked it as a “failed attempt”. Why is this happening, and how can I change my passcode?

iPad mini 4, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 10:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 10:42 AM

Here is Apple’s guidance on changing/removing/reseting the ScreeTime passcode.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211021

If you are currently running and version of iPadOS prior to iPadOS 13.4.1, update to this version if you can. Once updated to iPadOS 13.4.1, a mechanism exists to reset the ScreenTime passcode.

If you cannot update to iPadOS 13.4.1, or you have an earlier version of iOS installed, it is not possible to reset a forgotten ScreeTime passcode. Instead, you must erase and set-up again as new - and will not be able to restore data from you backup (the backup will contain the encrypted ScreenTime passcode that has been forgotten).

I hope this clarification is helpful.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 15, 2020 10:42 AM in response to cz623

Here is Apple’s guidance on changing/removing/reseting the ScreeTime passcode.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211021

If you are currently running and version of iPadOS prior to iPadOS 13.4.1, update to this version if you can. Once updated to iPadOS 13.4.1, a mechanism exists to reset the ScreenTime passcode.

If you cannot update to iPadOS 13.4.1, or you have an earlier version of iOS installed, it is not possible to reset a forgotten ScreeTime passcode. Instead, you must erase and set-up again as new - and will not be able to restore data from you backup (the backup will contain the encrypted ScreenTime passcode that has been forgotten).

I hope this clarification is helpful.

Jul 15, 2020 2:43 PM in response to LotusPilot

I have already read and done what Apple says to do, but it doesn’t work.

My iPad is updated to iOS 13.5, so that isn’t the problem.

When I tried to rest all settings, it still required my Screen Time Passcode.

My main concern is that using the “forgot screen time passcode” option doesn’t work, even though the information I entered is correct. Also, I haven’t actually forgotten my screen time passcode since I had written it down; it just doesn’t work.

Thank you for your help though!

Why can’t I change my Screen Time Passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.