You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad not response, but it worked while on setup screen

Once Update the software to-day, the trackpad no response, but it work on setup screen !

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 3:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 8:58 PM

I've seen similar issues with the keyboard which will work fine until a user logs in. In my experience this usually ends up being a hardware issue even though common sense says it should be caused by a setting/preference or some software issue.

Try booting into Safe Mode to see if you still have the problem. Also try creating a new user account, then reboot the computer and log into the new user account to see if the problem still occurs.

Try an SMC reset and a PRAM reset (hold the PRAM reset for at least three chimes or a full minute).

Run the Apple Diagnostics.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 16, 2020 8:58 PM in response to Sammy Ho

I've seen similar issues with the keyboard which will work fine until a user logs in. In my experience this usually ends up being a hardware issue even though common sense says it should be caused by a setting/preference or some software issue.

Try booting into Safe Mode to see if you still have the problem. Also try creating a new user account, then reboot the computer and log into the new user account to see if the problem still occurs.

Try an SMC reset and a PRAM reset (hold the PRAM reset for at least three chimes or a full minute).

Run the Apple Diagnostics.

Trackpad not response, but it worked while on setup screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.