You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GameCenter saving is not occurring via iCloud for Oceanhorn2

I am having a similar issue that was seen with no real solution. I have been playing Oceanhorn2 on my Apple TV and when I’ve tried to pickup on a new iPad I’ve purchased, I am not able to load the saved game onto the new device. Also, when I click on “GameCenter” under the system portion of the title menu on my Apple TV game, it does state that there is a network error (only happening with Oceanhorn 2 and not Oceanhorn (#1)). This problem could be with the Apple TV platform of the game, and not the iPad as this GameCenter does load and I can see leaderboards and such that are not available on the Apple TV version.

This very well could be a developer issue.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 5:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 11:41 AM

Hi there Jtolson84,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! We understand you are unable to access your Game Center data via your new iPad, for a particular game. You can see it on your Apple TV's Game Center, but you also see a network error there, too. Let's see how we can help.

Let's start by troubleshooting the connection error in Game Center on your Apple TV. These steps will help: If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services - Apple Support. Also, try connecting your Apple TV to a different network, if available, to see if the error remains: Get help with Wi-Fi networks on your Apple TV - Apple Support. Restarting your Apple TV is also another good step to try: Restart Apple TV - Apple Support. Let us know if these steps help clear up that alert.

In regards to Game Center on your iPhone. We would suggest confirming you are signed in to the same Apple ID that you are using on your Apple TV's Game Center. Then, confirm Game Center is turned on under Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Game Center. If it's already turned on there, you should try turning it off, then restart your iPhone Restart your iPhone - Apple Support, and turn Game Center back on under iCloud.

Steps under, 'Create a Game Center Profile' and 'Use Game Center with iCloud', in this article, relate to this issue: Use Game Center to play with friends - Apple Support.

You'll also find more guidance under the section titled, 'If you don't see your gameplay data on a device', in this support article: Access your Apple Arcade gameplay data on all of your devices - Apple Support.

If you need us further, reply back with any other details and results to the above steps.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 20, 2020 11:41 AM in response to Jtolson84

Hi there Jtolson84,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! We understand you are unable to access your Game Center data via your new iPad, for a particular game. You can see it on your Apple TV's Game Center, but you also see a network error there, too. Let's see how we can help.

Let's start by troubleshooting the connection error in Game Center on your Apple TV. These steps will help: If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services - Apple Support. Also, try connecting your Apple TV to a different network, if available, to see if the error remains: Get help with Wi-Fi networks on your Apple TV - Apple Support. Restarting your Apple TV is also another good step to try: Restart Apple TV - Apple Support. Let us know if these steps help clear up that alert.

In regards to Game Center on your iPhone. We would suggest confirming you are signed in to the same Apple ID that you are using on your Apple TV's Game Center. Then, confirm Game Center is turned on under Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Game Center. If it's already turned on there, you should try turning it off, then restart your iPhone Restart your iPhone - Apple Support, and turn Game Center back on under iCloud.

Steps under, 'Create a Game Center Profile' and 'Use Game Center with iCloud', in this article, relate to this issue: Use Game Center to play with friends - Apple Support.

You'll also find more guidance under the section titled, 'If you don't see your gameplay data on a device', in this support article: Access your Apple Arcade gameplay data on all of your devices - Apple Support.

If you need us further, reply back with any other details and results to the above steps.

Jul 20, 2020 5:37 PM in response to Jtolson84

Jtolson84,

Thanks for getting back to us with these additional details.

It sounds like that network error cleared up on your Apple TV once you connected to Wi-Fi, which is great to hear. Were you also able to get your iPad connected to that game? In regards to the game data loss, that's definitely not something we wanted to hear. You should reach out to the developer of the game to inquire further on why that may have happened, along with why you were not presented with the options you mentioned, when the game was saving: How to contact an app developer - Apple Support.

Rewinding back to the connection error. You should not see that error via an Ethernet connection either. Let us know if it comes back once you reconnect to Ethernet again. If it does, you may want to consider the steps in this article: Get help with Wi-Fi networks on your Apple TV - Apple Support. This includes checking for software updates for your Apple TV.

Best regards.

Jul 20, 2020 5:37 PM in response to Jtolson84

Jtolson84,

Thanks for getting back to us with these additional details.

It sounds like that network error cleared up on your Apple TV once you connected to Wi-Fi, which is great to hear. Were you also able to get your iPad connected to that game? In regards to the game data loss, that's definitely not something we wanted to hear. You should reach out to the developer of the game to inquire further on why that may have happened, along with why you were not presented with the options you mentioned, when the game was saving: How to contact an app developer - Apple Support.

Rewinding back to the connection error. You should not see that error via an Ethernet connection either. Let us know if it comes back once you reconnect to Ethernet again. If it does, you may want to consider the steps in this article: Get help with Wi-Fi networks on your Apple TV - Apple Support. This includes checking for software updates for your Apple TV.

Best regards.

Jul 20, 2020 2:48 PM in response to Leanne_68

I did remove the Ethernet connection to my Apple TV and set up WiFi connection as the network connection. This did property connect this game to GameCenter, but in the process the Apple TV game save was replaced by the iCloud saved version, so I lost 2+ hours of game play. But it is now connected. I know that for Oceanhorn (#1) that it would ask if I wanted to use the stored version or iCloud version before replacing the saved game. Oceanhorn2 did not do that.

I will reconnect our Ethernet cable and see if the GameCenter connection still remains intact.

Thank you.

Jul 20, 2020 5:53 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Once I reconnected the Ethernet cable, the connection was maintained. I played again for about 20 mins and then closed the app and opened on my iPad I was able to see that the game on the Apple TV did finally save to iCloud and was able to sync. Not sure why the initial sync connection was not happening for this specific game. I did initially attempt to sign in and out of GameCenter and restart the Apple TV before resorting to the networking connection switch.

I will be reaching out to the game developer to let them know about the failure to request iCloud override once my Apple TV game was finally able to connect to GameCenter.

Thank you,

Jtolson84

GameCenter saving is not occurring via iCloud for Oceanhorn2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.