You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ios 13.6 Auto Brightness Missing

Hi, after I’ve updated my 6s plus to ios 13.6 yesterday. I cannot find auto brightness anymore. It was used to be under display and text size in Accessibility tab. When i search auto brightness in settings search bar it goes to same place but i dont see it.

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 8:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 11:25 AM

Hi Kianbab, 

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. 

From your post, we see that you would like to know where to find the auto-brightness. We want to help. To make sure that we are covering everything, please look at this article that talks about how to Adjust the brightness on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

Do you see the setting there listed under the “Reduct White Point” item? If not, you can Restart your iPhone and check again. 

Best Regards!  

12 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 21, 2020 11:25 AM in response to Kianbab

Hi Kianbab, 

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. 

From your post, we see that you would like to know where to find the auto-brightness. We want to help. To make sure that we are covering everything, please look at this article that talks about how to Adjust the brightness on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

Do you see the setting there listed under the “Reduct White Point” item? If not, you can Restart your iPhone and check again. 

Best Regards!  

Aug 21, 2020 5:23 PM in response to Kianbab

Same. After 13.6.1 download, iPad 6's brightness is noticeably dark.

I tried the various online solutions that others have posted (e.g., white point, settings reset, power down), and for 60 seconds my brightness is restored, but then I watch it return to this dark setting. In fact, since the download, the brightness bar is only semi-functionable in that 75% of the bar shows a noticeable change in brightness (from bright to severely dark) when you swipe up to down, and the top 25% of the bar (what should be the brightest settings) exhibits no change.

Ios 13.6 Auto Brightness Missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.