You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Erased my MacBook Pro. It won't load up. Why not?

Why won't my MacBook Pro upload again after erasing it? All that appears on the screen is a blinking folder with a Question Mark.

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 4:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 5:56 PM

Which process did you use to erase your MacBook Pro? I am assuming Disk Utility and then you formatted it. If my assumption is correct then you have also erase the macOS that was on the drive and is needed to boot/load up. You will therefore need to reinstall the macOS (Operating System). You can do that by entering the ➔ macOS Recovery Mode and reinstalling the macOS.

Axel F. 

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 17, 2020 5:56 PM in response to Nathanaelfromtx

Which process did you use to erase your MacBook Pro? I am assuming Disk Utility and then you formatted it. If my assumption is correct then you have also erase the macOS that was on the drive and is needed to boot/load up. You will therefore need to reinstall the macOS (Operating System). You can do that by entering the ➔ macOS Recovery Mode and reinstalling the macOS.

Axel F. 

Erased my MacBook Pro. It won't load up. Why not?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.