You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Threats from the internet

I accidentally pressed some links on the internet that strange websites popped up. After that, there are events on my calendar that cannot be deleted - the events pop up everyday. How do I check if there are viruses in my iphone and how do I fix this? How do I delete these events?

(When I tapped on this event, unlike other events, there is no delete button. Does this mean that my iphone has had virus?)

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 7:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 7:30 PM

You subscribed to a spammer’s calendar.

Find and remove the rogue calendar.

How to unsubscribe from calendars on your iPhone - Apple Support

Lots of scams aroundM too—phone calls with spoofed senders, fake Apple support mail, all sorts of tricks:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Clicking on stuff in spam mail (such as “unsubscribe” links) and in calendar entries will likely just draw more spam and more scams.

Oh, and many add-on VPN apps are, well, sketchy.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 18, 2020 7:30 PM in response to han1909

You subscribed to a spammer’s calendar.

Find and remove the rogue calendar.

How to unsubscribe from calendars on your iPhone - Apple Support

Lots of scams aroundM too—phone calls with spoofed senders, fake Apple support mail, all sorts of tricks:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Clicking on stuff in spam mail (such as “unsubscribe” links) and in calendar entries will likely just draw more spam and more scams.

Oh, and many add-on VPN apps are, well, sketchy.

Threats from the internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.