You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting folders and albums in the gallery

Hi, I can not find information on how to delete unnecessary folders and albums in the gallery.

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 12:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 8:31 AM

Delete a folder from the sidebar

1. In the Photos app  on your Mac, click My Albums in the sidebar.
  2. Control-click the folder, choose Delete Folder, then click Delete.
  3. The folder and the albums within it are removed from the library and from iCloud, but the items in the albums remain in your photo library. If you accidentally remove a folder, choose Edit > Undo Delete Folder to restore it.

To remove an album from a folder, click the folder in the sidebar, then Control-click the album on the right and choose Move Album Out Of [folder name].

https://support.apple.com/guide/photos/group-albums-in-folders-pht211de0d6/mac#:~:text=from%20the%20sidebar-,In%20the%20Photos%20app%20on%20your%20Mac%2C%20click%20My%20Albums,remain%20in%20your%20photo%20library.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 19, 2020 8:31 AM in response to anomalia13

Delete a folder from the sidebar

1. In the Photos app  on your Mac, click My Albums in the sidebar.
  2. Control-click the folder, choose Delete Folder, then click Delete.
  3. The folder and the albums within it are removed from the library and from iCloud, but the items in the albums remain in your photo library. If you accidentally remove a folder, choose Edit > Undo Delete Folder to restore it.

To remove an album from a folder, click the folder in the sidebar, then Control-click the album on the right and choose Move Album Out Of [folder name].

https://support.apple.com/guide/photos/group-albums-in-folders-pht211de0d6/mac#:~:text=from%20the%20sidebar-,In%20the%20Photos%20app%20on%20your%20Mac%2C%20click%20My%20Albums,remain%20in%20your%20photo%20library.

Deleting folders and albums in the gallery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.