You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting the default mail client OS X 10.15.6

I recently updated OS X to 10.15.6 and set Thunderbird as the default mail client in OS X Mail and the Thunderbird App. When I select a formatted email address in a document, the Thunderbird mail client opens as expected. However, if I attempt to use the SHARE menu (Photos, Messages, etc), I do not have the option to email the selected item as before when OS X Mail was the default client. If I select MORE to add a SHARE action, the Thunderbird mail app is checked but grayed so it can not be selected. I thought this was supposed to be resolved 10.15.6. Is there more to the configuration?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 1:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 9:37 PM

The Thunderbird developers likely have not provided a sharing extension for their email client.

The extension for Mail is for the Mail app, not email in general.

1 reply

Setting the default mail client OS X 10.15.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.