You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i replace my 87w macbook pro usb-c power adapter if it was discontinued?

How do i replace my 87w macbook pro usb-c power adapter if it was discontinued? My computer will not charge, I have a feeling it happened when the power surged in my house and my computer and power adapter were plugged into the wall without a surge protector. The computer won't turn on and it won't even take a charge, not sure if it's the computer or if it's the charging adapter. I figured I would start with the power adapter since its a lot cheaper to replace. Did they replace this model 87w power adapter?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 11:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 12:19 PM

Check the Apple Store which lists all the various chargers for laptops. The latest MacBook Pros use a 95-watt charger but I'm pretty sure there is either an 85-watt or 87-watt charger for USB-C ports.

3 replies

How do i replace my 87w macbook pro usb-c power adapter if it was discontinued?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.