You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Case for MacBook Pro 2020

Does anyone know where i can get a case from for my macbook, it arrives in two weeks and i would like to order one before it gets here?

Thank Youuu x

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 11:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 12:03 PM

I have a 13-inch MacBook Pro, 2019, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports and just purchased a 2020 model for my daughter to take to college. We were also having difficulty finding a case for her new one. Took off the case (Incase) from my MacBook Pro and tried it on hers- it fits! I didn't notice any scratches on my laptop when I removed the case to try on hers although it was tricky to remove. In fact, the case has protected my laptop's corners from dents (the case is a bit cracked in a couple areas). There are vent holes on both edges of the bottom on the case. I haven't noticed any overheating and usually just place my laptop on my lap when using. I guess as long as those are unobstructed, there will be adequate ventilation. 🤷‍♀️.

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 22, 2020 12:03 PM in response to SarJBear

I have a 13-inch MacBook Pro, 2019, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports and just purchased a 2020 model for my daughter to take to college. We were also having difficulty finding a case for her new one. Took off the case (Incase) from my MacBook Pro and tried it on hers- it fits! I didn't notice any scratches on my laptop when I removed the case to try on hers although it was tricky to remove. In fact, the case has protected my laptop's corners from dents (the case is a bit cracked in a couple areas). There are vent holes on both edges of the bottom on the case. I haven't noticed any overheating and usually just place my laptop on my lap when using. I guess as long as those are unobstructed, there will be adequate ventilation. 🤷‍♀️.

Jul 21, 2020 11:54 AM in response to SarJBear

Hi SarJBear,

I got a case for my 2020 MacBook Pro 13 inch and it fits perfectly and it comes with a keyboard cover. Note that the case is meant to prevent scratches on the device as it is a thin case, if the laptop falls you honestly probably won't get much protection from the case. But if scratches and debris such as dust on the keyboard are your biggest concern (which was mine as I don't think my laptop will fall (hopefully)) then I can recommend this case to you.

Amazon: MacBook Pro 13-inch Case - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BR2KL63/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_9IZfFbHDR1CSX

I'd also recommend getting AppleCare+ if you want additional peace of mind for your new MacBook Pro. (More information in the link attached)

Apple: AppleCare+ for Mac - https://www.apple.com/support/products/mac/

I hope this helps.

-Percival876

Jul 21, 2020 12:30 PM in response to SarJBear

Hi SarJBear,

No Problem! Once you bought a 2020 13 inch MacBook Pro,the case will fit it. If it is a 2 port or a 4 port it will fit it fine as it has space for the ports on both sides.

I understand the struggle of trying to find a case, I was relieved when I got the case and it fit perfectly as all the others were wrong and wouldn't fit. You can mark the question as solved if you want so others can find the case easier.

Amazon: MacBook Pro 13-inch Case - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BR2KL63/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_9IZfFbHDR1CSX

I'm glad to have been able to help.

-Percival876

Case for MacBook Pro 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.