You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Available on this device?

I just installed ICloud Photo App on my PC. I’m trying to download my photos onto my PC so I can back them up on my external hard drive.

I have 12,359 photos that are “available when online” and 2,143 are “available on this device”. The photos that are available on my device I’m able to copy and paste to my hard drive. But the ones “available when online” I can’t copy and paste. I’ve tried everything. How do I fix this so the photos are available on my PC? Thank you!!

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 6:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2020 7:29 AM

Howdy ashley_429,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out in Apple Support Communities. We understand you're unable to fully download all of the photos from iCloud to your computer.

It's important to manage your most memorable moments, and we'd like to help.

To help troubleshoot this behavior, we recommend to follow the steps outlined in this helpful article: If your iCloud Photos aren't loading on your PC

Following the steps in the article we provided can help.

Please keep us posted with the results.

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 25, 2020 7:29 AM in response to ashley_429

Howdy ashley_429,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out in Apple Support Communities. We understand you're unable to fully download all of the photos from iCloud to your computer.

It's important to manage your most memorable moments, and we'd like to help.

To help troubleshoot this behavior, we recommend to follow the steps outlined in this helpful article: If your iCloud Photos aren't loading on your PC

Following the steps in the article we provided can help.

Please keep us posted with the results.

Cheers.

Jul 25, 2020 10:08 AM in response to ashley_429

ashley_429,

Thanks for getting back to us and verifying that information.

To help isolate this behavior, we recommend to disable all security and antivirus software on your PC: Turn off antivirus protection in Windows Security

Then see if you can successfully sync all of your photos without any issue.

In addition, you can create a new administrator account on your PC and see if you continue to experience the same behavior: Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards.

Available on this device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.