You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted message not syncing between iphone and ipad

My incoming iMessages sync across all devices but when I delete a message it does not sync. This as only just started happening over the last few days. I have turned iMessage off and then on on my iPhone and iPad But this has not helped. I am logged into apple using the same login on both devices. Can anyone offer any help. Thank you.

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 4:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 11:45 AM

Hey there, bevchris.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! Thanks for posting about iMessage conversations not syncing across your devices when items are deleted. We'd be glad to help.

Are you just using iMessage on your devices or did you enable the optional Messages in iCloud feature? This is important as that feature is what syncs the removal of the posts. If both of your devices are signed in to the same iCloud account, the messages would come in to each device, but to sync removal, you'll want to make sure that Messages in iCloud is on, as that will sync them with all devices. Check out Keep all your messages in iCloud to make sure that feature has been enabled, so that you get the behavior you're wanting.

If that feature is already enabled on both devices but isn't syncing, you might want to Restart your iPhone and Restart your iPad to see if anything changes. If not, verify they both have plenty of available storage. More info on that in How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Let us know what you find out.

Be well

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 26, 2020 11:45 AM in response to bevchris

Hey there, bevchris.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! Thanks for posting about iMessage conversations not syncing across your devices when items are deleted. We'd be glad to help.

Are you just using iMessage on your devices or did you enable the optional Messages in iCloud feature? This is important as that feature is what syncs the removal of the posts. If both of your devices are signed in to the same iCloud account, the messages would come in to each device, but to sync removal, you'll want to make sure that Messages in iCloud is on, as that will sync them with all devices. Check out Keep all your messages in iCloud to make sure that feature has been enabled, so that you get the behavior you're wanting.

If that feature is already enabled on both devices but isn't syncing, you might want to Restart your iPhone and Restart your iPad to see if anything changes. If not, verify they both have plenty of available storage. More info on that in How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Let us know what you find out.

Be well

Deleted message not syncing between iphone and ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.