You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match to Apple Music

I have been a long time iTunes Match user, and typically buy most of my music either from iTunes, or by ripping CD's, Vinyl, etc.

I'm thinking about moving to Apple Music, so have a few questions and interested in peoples experience:

1. Under Apple Music, can I still purchase music from iTunes if it's something I want to keep?
  2. My iTunes account is different from my iCloud account, does this cause any issues with Apple Music.
  3. More, generally what are peoples experience in the migration process as I heard some bad stories about people losing music, or it being mismatched.

Thanks

Chris

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 3:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 3:51 AM

1. Yes.
  2. Not that I am aware of.
  3. If you're already using iTunes Match it should be seamless, though of course you should maintain a full backup of your library. If you plan to delete local copies of your media in your primary library to free up space then it is doubly important to confirm that you have a solid backup and check for mismatches before discarding files.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 23, 2020 3:51 AM in response to cj_rolfe

1. Yes.
  2. Not that I am aware of.
  3. If you're already using iTunes Match it should be seamless, though of course you should maintain a full backup of your library. If you plan to delete local copies of your media in your primary library to free up space then it is doubly important to confirm that you have a solid backup and check for mismatches before discarding files.

tt2

iTunes Match to Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.