You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i get iOS 11 on my 2010 laptop mac device

i'm trying to back up my iphone 7 on my 2010 laptop. It's telling me that i need iOS 10.11 or more in order to be able to sync and backup.

I can't find the update to do.

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 3:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 3:07 AM

Hello, kwasi112.

From what you're describing, it sounds like you're trying to back up your device to your Mac, but you're getting an outdated error, I'd love to help!

First, Mac devices do not run iOS, they run MacOS. From what I see in the description of your question, you have OS X 10.10, so I'm going to assume you made a typo. Try going to the System Preferences app and go into the Software Updates tab, see if you have any available updates to OS X 10.11, if you do, update to the latest supported version on your Mac device.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 24, 2020 3:07 AM in response to kwasi112

Hello, kwasi112.

From what you're describing, it sounds like you're trying to back up your device to your Mac, but you're getting an outdated error, I'd love to help!

First, Mac devices do not run iOS, they run MacOS. From what I see in the description of your question, you have OS X 10.10, so I'm going to assume you made a typo. Try going to the System Preferences app and go into the Software Updates tab, see if you have any available updates to OS X 10.11, if you do, update to the latest supported version on your Mac device.

how can i get iOS 11 on my 2010 laptop mac device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.