You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where is Photos album in Photos?! (on my Mac)

The top entry in my sidebar has always been 'photos'.. until today.. now I have Memories, Favourites, People, Places, Recents, Imports and Recently Deleted...

So where is the option to simply view all my photos?

Is this an upgrade or have I messed up somewhere??

iMac 21.5" 2017, OS 10.15.6, Photos v 5.0 (161.0.120)

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 5:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 5:57 AM

The top most "Photos" has vanished for quite a few users after the upgrade to Catalina. This can happen, if the advanced features of the Graphics card are disabled, like in safe Mode. Check, if the Mac has accidentally booted into Safe Mode: Photos on Catalina: If the Photos View va… - Apple Community

If the Mac is not in Safe Mode, but the Photos item is still missing, try to reset the NVRAM. It helped in a similar case as pointed out by user travellerva:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251542025?answerId=252980934022#252980934022

How to reset the NVRAM: Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac – Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 24, 2020 5:57 AM in response to Paul Richards4

The top most "Photos" has vanished for quite a few users after the upgrade to Catalina. This can happen, if the advanced features of the Graphics card are disabled, like in safe Mode. Check, if the Mac has accidentally booted into Safe Mode: Photos on Catalina: If the Photos View va… - Apple Community

If the Mac is not in Safe Mode, but the Photos item is still missing, try to reset the NVRAM. It helped in a similar case as pointed out by user travellerva:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251542025?answerId=252980934022#252980934022

How to reset the NVRAM: Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac – Apple Support

where is Photos album in Photos?! (on my Mac)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.