You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do. I reset AppleTV password

How do I reset my Apple TV password? I have seen a prior thread from a few years back but it is unintelligible.

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 8:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 8:29 AM

Your Apple ID account would have a password, independent of the Apple TV box. If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Your Apple TV box may have a Restrictions PIN code. You would need to reset or restore to remove that.

Your Apple TV box may have a password for AirPlay. You can look that up in Settings.

If you have an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) and also two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, then a correct password may get refused for sign-in, if you do not do the adjusted sign-in procedure correctly. You may be asked to type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field. Additionally, there is a time limit, after which the code becomes invalid. Try this: First enter the characters of your password (do not submit yet), then manually request a new verification code, then append that code to the password (no spaces or other separating characters), and then submit.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 24, 2020 8:29 AM in response to margaretfromeastsound

Your Apple ID account would have a password, independent of the Apple TV box. If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Your Apple TV box may have a Restrictions PIN code. You would need to reset or restore to remove that.

Your Apple TV box may have a password for AirPlay. You can look that up in Settings.

If you have an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) and also two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, then a correct password may get refused for sign-in, if you do not do the adjusted sign-in procedure correctly. You may be asked to type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field. Additionally, there is a time limit, after which the code becomes invalid. Try this: First enter the characters of your password (do not submit yet), then manually request a new verification code, then append that code to the password (no spaces or other separating characters), and then submit.

how do. I reset AppleTV password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.