You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imac says ethernet is unplugged

I have an Imac (late 2014, 27-inch) and just updated to Catalina ver 10.15.6, and it says ethernet unplugged, which is not. In the previous version of ios internet via ethernet worked well and continuously. I have rebooted the modem, but no change. My wife runs an earlier version of Catalina and her internet runs fine. Appears that ios update messed things up. Need steps on how to regain internet/ethernet use. Running wireless at 2.4g.

Help

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 3:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 3:36 PM

What other troubleshooting have you attempted, our Ethernet connection using Catalina works just fine. Please do some basic tests like double checking the physical connection and switching to another Ethernet cable.

1 reply

Imac says ethernet is unplugged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.