You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i get rid of el capitan? Garage Band won't work with it. Nothing else seems to work right. I have been trying to update for two months.

can I get rid of el capitan? Garage Band crashes if you even look at the icon. No updates for over two months. Like a zombie.

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 3:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2020 9:19 AM

If you are not running the correct version of Garageband for the OS you installed then there is no way to get it to run.

What mac model do you have and what year is it. It is possible you could upgrade if it meets the spec for High Sierra.

If you cannot upgrade any further then you will have to search the internet to see if you can download the version

of Garageband that will run on El Capitan.

Just one more thought, have you looked in the App Store Purchased page, is Garageband listed there,

if so and there is a Download button then it may be possible it will download the correct version for El Capitan.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 25, 2020 9:19 AM in response to budgist

If you are not running the correct version of Garageband for the OS you installed then there is no way to get it to run.

What mac model do you have and what year is it. It is possible you could upgrade if it meets the spec for High Sierra.

If you cannot upgrade any further then you will have to search the internet to see if you can download the version

of Garageband that will run on El Capitan.

Just one more thought, have you looked in the App Store Purchased page, is Garageband listed there,

if so and there is a Download button then it may be possible it will download the correct version for El Capitan.

can i get rid of el capitan? Garage Band won't work with it. Nothing else seems to work right. I have been trying to update for two months.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.