You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

An Internet connection is required to install macOS.

When I am trying to update the macOS, there is a notice that An Internet connection is required to install macOS. I tried multiple times, but the problem is still there.

Mac Pro

Posted on Jul 25, 2020 12:05 AM

5 replies

Jul 27, 2020 9:50 AM in response to Yuansen

Lexiepex is right. It is good advice not to attempt to do an update or an upgrade via wi fi. It's too much data and it often results in a corrupted download. If you can transport your computer to where a wired (USB or ethernet) connection is available, I would do so. If you can not, then understanding that download corruption can occur, you might have to do a number of them to get a clean one. Each one that doesn't work - drag the installer to the trash and empty it before doing another. Unfortunately, each download may take an hour or so to complete. Good luck to you.

An Internet connection is required to install macOS.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.