You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Swipe back gesture

Hi.

I have noticed that I have been swiping twice almost every time I want to go back in Safari Versio 13.1.2 (15609.3.5.1.3) using my MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)

I have been trying to find out why Safari ignores that first swipe and also trying to figure out what I am doing wrong but it seems that there is a lag before the TouchPad will recognise a swipe back. I think it's because it allows people to scroll sideways as long as the scroll bar is visible. Once the scroll bar disappears, I can swipe back. Is there a work around for this? It really feels non responsive and stupid to keep swiping twice because the touchpad itself seems top notch. I think it's just the sensitivity that needs to be adjusted just a little so people can use safari fluently and fast. After all people google and visit a page and scroll a bit and then realise that the information they were looking for was not there. So it's this back and forth and that needs to work.

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 25, 2020 5:33 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 28, 2020 5:33 PM in response to Nikkinen

Hi Nikkinen,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We understand you are having some problems navigating Safari using the trackpad. You may need to lift your fingers after scrolling before attempting to swipe to the previous page. You'll find more information regarding multi-touch gestures below.

Cheers!

Swipe back gesture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.