You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Casting AppleTV to LG Smart TV

Have the AppleTV app and can’t figure out how to cast our stream to my LG smart TV. Any suggestions. I tried the TV Cast app, but I can’t seem to find a way to make it work to cast our stream Apple TV movies. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Posted on Jul 25, 2020 5:03 PM

5 replies

Jul 25, 2020 5:12 PM in response to Blitz2019

Can you tell us more about the LG Smart TV?

List of AppleTV compatibility to LG Smart TV (with preinstalled Apple tv app)

• LG OLED (2019)
  • LG NanoCell SM9X series (2019)
  • LG NanoCell SM85 series or above (2019)
  • LG NanoCell SM83 series or below (2019)

List of Airplay 2 compatible LG TVs

• LG OLED (2019, 2020)
  • LG NanoCell NANO 9, 8 series (2020)
  • LG UHD UN 8 series (2020)
  • LG UHD UN 71 series or above (2020)
  • LG NanoCell SM 9, 8 series (2019)
  • LG UHD UM 7, 6 series (2019)

Any other LG tv may require an Apple TV Box, similar to a fire tv stick.

Full List of Apple TV devices

Jul 25, 2020 8:55 PM in response to Blitz2019

Blitz, all may no be lost. Which LG model do you have? LG has already announced that they will be expanding airplay 2 capabilities to their 2018 model lineup. I am in the same boat as you. But I will get that functionality in a couple of months. You may as well depending on which model you have. You can find the press release on the LG customer support site. It lists all the models that will be getting the new features.

Casting AppleTV to LG Smart TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.