You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Go back from Catalina

I don't want to be on the new 64 bit upgrade. I have programs that I use too often, that I can't use now that I upgraded. Is there a way to go back or downgrade?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 25, 2020 10:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 1:03 AM

Hopely, you do have a TimeMachine backup

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/revert-to-a-previous-macos-version-mh15216/mac

Before downgrading: which apps do not work? Maybe you can upgrade and sometimes there are free alternatives

2 replies

Jul 26, 2020 10:01 AM in response to lydait31

I understand your frustration. But consider this. At some point Apple and the other vendors WILL stop supporting the older versions of their apps and upgrading will be required for some apps to work. It eventually happens. My personal policy has been to update everything as updates become available. Yes, there is sometimes a cost for some apps to be upgraded, and as noted here, some will be free. Generally, all upgrades are done for many good reasons, including more features and operational stability. And, as pointed out, there are often compatible free alternatives. Just something to think about from a broader perspective.

Go back from Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.