You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I seeing a payment to apple that I didn’t make

i am seeing a payment to apple that I did not make

iPhone 8

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 12:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 12:52 PM

Where are you seeing it? If it is an email it may be a scam. See—>Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

If you see it on your bank statement or website see this Apple support article—>If you see "apple.com/bill" or an unfamiliar charge on your statement - Apple Support

Apple doesn’t charge you for anything unless someone with access to your Apple ID made a purchase or subscribed to content. So there are only 4 possibilities:

• You authorized a purchase or subscription and forgot
  • Someone you share an Apple ID with authorized a purchase or subscription
  • If you have Family Sharing, someone on your family plan authorized a purchase or subscription
  • Your Apple ID was hacked and someone used it to make a purchase - See this Apple support article—>If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support
1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 26, 2020 12:52 PM in response to JReds101

Where are you seeing it? If it is an email it may be a scam. See—>Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

If you see it on your bank statement or website see this Apple support article—>If you see "apple.com/bill" or an unfamiliar charge on your statement - Apple Support

Apple doesn’t charge you for anything unless someone with access to your Apple ID made a purchase or subscribed to content. So there are only 4 possibilities:

• You authorized a purchase or subscription and forgot
  • Someone you share an Apple ID with authorized a purchase or subscription
  • If you have Family Sharing, someone on your family plan authorized a purchase or subscription
  • Your Apple ID was hacked and someone used it to make a purchase - See this Apple support article—>If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Why am I seeing a payment to apple that I didn’t make

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.