You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I delete a single email from all my apple devices at once

When I delete an email from my iPhone's email inbox, I would like it to delete from the inbox of my iPad, and my Mac laptop at the same time. Is this possible?

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 2:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 2:35 PM

Hello Bree,

Yes it is possible however it is not entirely in control of your iPhone. The email service provider has a lot to do with it. Most IMAP type email accounts synchronize across all devices that log into them. Most POP email accounts depend on individual devices and status. Then there is the Microsoft based Exchange email accounts that accomplish the task as well (Outlook.com, Hotmail.com etc). In short the functionality that you seek depends on the email account service provider.

Axel F.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 26, 2020 2:35 PM in response to BreeGro

Hello Bree,

Yes it is possible however it is not entirely in control of your iPhone. The email service provider has a lot to do with it. Most IMAP type email accounts synchronize across all devices that log into them. Most POP email accounts depend on individual devices and status. Then there is the Microsoft based Exchange email accounts that accomplish the task as well (Outlook.com, Hotmail.com etc). In short the functionality that you seek depends on the email account service provider.

Axel F.

Jul 26, 2020 2:43 PM in response to lkrupp

Thanks for the reply. I do have the same email account on all my devices, and I believe the account is using IMAP protocol. Unfortunately, the deleting is not happening in all my devices. I’m not sure whether I should call my email carrier (Comcast) or Apple Support to get this figured out. I think I’ll start with Comcast.

how can I delete a single email from all my apple devices at once

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.