You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Presenter notes on Keynote

If I want to present my keynote to an audience but I have presenter notes and I don't want the audience to see them, I just want to be the only one to do so, how do I do that?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 11:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 1:24 PM

make these settings:

• connect the Mac to a second display which is powered on and displaying the Mac desktop 
  • go to Apple Menu > System Preferences > Displays;   in the Arrangement tab, remove the option for Mirror Displays
  • go to Keynote > Preferences > Slideshow;   select the option for:   enable presenter display
  • to view and edit text in Presenter Notes when creating a presentation and a second display is not available;

go to View > Show Presenter Notes

• when playing a presentation and Presenter Display is showing on the wrong display, swap the display output by pressing the  X  key on the keyboard

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 27, 2020 1:24 PM in response to Alakhani122

make these settings:

• connect the Mac to a second display which is powered on and displaying the Mac desktop 
  • go to Apple Menu > System Preferences > Displays;   in the Arrangement tab, remove the option for Mirror Displays
  • go to Keynote > Preferences > Slideshow;   select the option for:   enable presenter display
  • to view and edit text in Presenter Notes when creating a presentation and a second display is not available;

go to View > Show Presenter Notes

• when playing a presentation and Presenter Display is showing on the wrong display, swap the display output by pressing the  X  key on the keyboard

Presenter notes on Keynote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.