You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Latest update for iPhone 7Plus

I have tried to download the latest update for my iPhone 7 Plus but when it gets to the part where it says verifying download, I get a message that says unable to verify. Any thoughts?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 4:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 4:55 PM

It appears that either you may not have a stable WiFi connection OR server issues at Apple.

Can you double check the following on your iPhone and try again?-

• The phone must be charged to over 50%
  • Low Power Mode must be OFF
  • You cannot be connected through VPN
  • You must have a Wi-Fi connection (not cellular)
  • You should plug in the phone or put it to charge to assure it stays on and connected to Wi-Fi.

Axel F.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 27, 2020 4:55 PM in response to cristal24

It appears that either you may not have a stable WiFi connection OR server issues at Apple.

Can you double check the following on your iPhone and try again?-

• The phone must be charged to over 50%
  • Low Power Mode must be OFF
  • You cannot be connected through VPN
  • You must have a Wi-Fi connection (not cellular)
  • You should plug in the phone or put it to charge to assure it stays on and connected to Wi-Fi.

Axel F.

Jul 27, 2020 5:19 PM in response to Axel Foley

Axel, all of the things you listed are on my phone. It’s charged 100%, low power mode is not on, not on a VPN, have a WiFi connection, and the phone is plugged in when I attempt the update. I have tried to install multiple times over the last couple of weeks. I have deleted it and attempted to download again, but every time it gets to the verifying part and I always get the message that the download can’t be verified.

Latest update for iPhone 7Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.